Serengeti: The territory of wild beasts & the great migration!
The Serengeti is an extensive east-central African ecosystem. It stretches 12,000 square miles (30,000 square kilometers). The given justification for its name, which is taken from the Maasai language and signifies Endless plains
If you are planning to go on a safari to Serengeti National Park, you surely may have a lot of questions. Obviously, you would like it to be a lifelong experience and it surely will be. Why? There are only a few places left with such pristine untouched, unpolluted virgin territory, breathtaking wildlife, and first-class safari lodges and camps.
Between June to October, travelers can spot this great event: the dusty clouds, hooves pounding the earth, the grunts, and spattering of herds crossing the river, and some unexpected ambushed animals to the crocodiles. But that is not everything yet. On the vast Serengeti plains, you may possibly notice cheetahs looking out from the top of a termite mound, lions beginning their slink at dusk, and groups of grazing elephants moving around trees.
June / October - This is the dry season, here are some of the pros and cons of this season:
- The bush thins out and wildlife becomes easier to be spotted.
- Animals normally gather around the rivers and waterholes.
- Expect to experience bright days and lots of sunshine with afternoon temperatures around 25°C / 77°F.
- Fewer chances of malaria.
- Easier to spot the Great Migration (including these iconic river crossings, if you are lucky).
- The park gets crowded, especially around the Seronera area.
- It gets relatively cold at night and early in the morning with minimum temperatures around 14°C / 57°F.
- Occasional cold fronts are possible, with temperatures close to freezing.
budges in a never-ending cycle around the Serengeti and Kenya’s Massai Mara. The most favorable pattern to see the herds is when they are crossing the Mara and Grumeti rivers from June to October, but also an additional excellent time to visit is January up until March when the wildebeest are calving in the southern part of the plains.
November: The short rains hurl the wildebeest farther south to the revitalized bushes and grasses of the Serengeti.
December: The wildebeest take on their way back ‘home’ toward the southern savanna of the Serengeti, ready to get down to calving and march again.
November to May - This is the wet season, here are the pros and cons of this season:
- Late January to February is the time to see the calving in the Southern Serengeti this could be the best time to witness carnivore on move.
- A lush and green landscape.
- Fewer tourists and lower rates, especially in April and May.
- Birdwatching is at its best.
From November to February, rains are generally short whereas the afternoon storms seldom interfere with your trip.
- March to May is the crown of the wet season; It’s likely to rain most days, although scarcely for the whole day. It is mostly cloudy.
- January to March can be crowded around the Seronera area
- The wildbeast Migration: On availability for safari camps all along the migration course, nobody is better situated to offer you the best seat in the house for the best show on The planet
- Hot-air balloon safari: Taking a hot-air balloon ride during your safari will move you to a different frame of mind on the beautiful scenery of East Africa.
- Sleep under the star: End an amazing day spent in nature with an unforgettable night under the stars.
- Big Cats, The Big 5, and Iconic African Animals: East Africa is prominently known for offering visitors the chance to spot a great number of the world’s most iconic wildlife species in their natural habitats.
- Cultural visit: No visit to East Africa is complete without exploring the traditions, diverse cultures, and lifestyles of the locals of the area.
We hope you have found all the necessary information needed to decide that Serengeti National Park is your following bucket list for travel adventure. Have questions still? Please contact our Zanki Tours and Safaris Help Center and we will revert back to you as soon as possible!
You can look in details some of our Safari avaiable Packages